Gaze into a chrome Orb, get your iris scanned, and get your fair share of a new cryptocurrency. That's the radical vision behind CEO Alex Blania's Worldcoin. On PressClub, the Worldcoin team and top web3 investors debate the potential, risks, and challenges of using biometrics to power universal basic income. We discuss how this new approach to proving unique identity could power a safer, more inclusive financial system. Hear tales from the developers building Worldcoin, the field operators convincing people to stare into the Orb, and the investors envisioning how people will trade and spend this new currency.
On this episode, you'll learn about:
- Worldcoin's origin from co-founder Sam Altman's "crazy" idea
- How The Orb works and handles privacy
- The story and strategy behind The Orb's futuristic industrial design
- Why cryptocurrency funded by AI could unlock universal basic income
- The challenges of scanning people's irises around the world
- How Proof-Of-Personhood could become the foundation of anti-fraud
- Plans for Worldcoin's developer platform
- The importance of normalizing sovereign ownership
- How to get your allotment of 25 Worldcoin
- Worldcoin co-founder and CEO Alex Blania
- Worldcoin developer Miguel Piedrafita
- Worldcoin field operator Tiago Sada
- A16z deal partner Elena Burger
- SignalFire partner Elaine Zelby
- and your host, SignalFire venture partner Josh Constine
This PressClub will make you believe in science fiction.
Subscribe to PressClub at http://constine.club/. This podcast is recorded live on Josh Constine's PressClub on Clubhouse, Thursdays at 4pm PT. PressClub is Clubhouse's first show, where the big names in tech discuss the big ideas. It's hosted by Josh Constine, an investor at early-stage venture fund SignalFire and the former Editor-At-Large of TechCrunch. PressClub is a relaxed venue where luminaries can share their stories, passions, thoughts on trends, and visions of the future. Past guests on PressClub include the founders of Facebook, Instagram, Slack, Shopify, Spotify, Substack, WordPress, Patreon, and more. Thanks for being part of our futurist community!