ClassDojo quietly became the world’s biggest edtech company, now in 95% of US K-8 schools and with a billion-dollar+ valuation. Now it's building an educational metaverse where teachers and developers can turn lesson plans into games. ClassDojo's co-founders CEO Sam Chaudhary and President Liam Don join PressClub to discuss what schools can learn from gaming, the future of remote learning, and how not to turn kids into robots.
Listen in to learn about:
- What Minecraft and Roblox get wrong
- How play lets kids fail safely
- The need for a new third-space since kids aren't allowed to roam
- How to distinguish good and bad screentime
- Why bureaucratic schools have broken incentive systems
- How to inspire uniqueness in children instead of conformity
- Why the classroom must become a developer platform
This PressClub will make you want to go back to school
Subscribe to PressClub at http://constine.club/. This podcast is recorded live on Josh Constine's PressClub on Clubhouse, Thursdays at 4pm PT. PressClub is Clubhouse's first show, where the big names in tech discuss the big ideas. It's hosted by Josh Constine, an investor at early-stage venture fund SignalFire and the former Editor-At-Large of TechCrunch. PressClub is a relaxed venue where luminaries can share their stories, passions, thoughts on trends, and visions of the future. Past guests on PressClub include the founders of Facebook, Instagram, Slack, Shopify, Spotify, Substack, WordPress, Patreon, and more. Thanks for being part of our futurist community!