Color spun up huge COVID testing sites overnight to slow the pandemic. Now it's got a $4.6B valuation and is working on making genomics, vaccines, antivirals, and more accessible to the masses. Color founder and CEO Othman Laraki joins PressClub to discuss the little things that make a big difference in population health, and how we can be better prepared for the next pandemic.
Listen in to learn:
- How Color launched 13K COVID test sites when the government hesitated
- Why laughably ambitious healthcare initiatives now seem feasible
- How economic subsidies for bad food are making Americans sick
- What will unlock improvements in heart, cancer, and mental health care
- What's still broken in healthcare, from insurance to doctor burnout
- Why making healthcare convenient is our next big challenge
This PressClub will make you see we're all in it together
Subscribe to PressClub at http://constine.club/. This podcast is recorded live on Josh Constine's PressClub on Clubhouse, Thursdays at 4pm PT. PressClub is Clubhouse's first show, where the big names in tech discuss the big ideas. It's hosted by Josh Constine, an investor at early-stage venture fund SignalFire and the former Editor-At-Large of TechCrunch. PressClub is a relaxed venue where luminaries can share their stories, passions, thoughts on trends, and visions of the future. Past guests on PressClub include the founders of Facebook, Instagram, Slack, Shopify, Spotify, Substack, WordPress, Patreon, and more. Thanks for being part of our futurist community!